Monday, July 25, 2011

Pisa and Florence!


July 25th
            So I know it’s been forever since I have written which kinda stinks because trying to remember all the fun stories will be a little difficult…Let’s just start with Pisa and Florence.

Last weekend we decided to go to Pisa on Friday and Florence for the weekend.  On Friday morning Rachel, Alma, and I traveled to Pisa to see the leaning tower and the duomo.  As soon as we got there we walked through the arch and immediately saw the tower.  It was such a relaxing day but it was so much fun.  We got to take some sweet pictures, hang out on the grass (until we got kicked off) and walk around to all the little shops.  I did a lot of gift shopping that day as well!  After we were done with Pisa we caught a train to Florence and met up with Emily, Cathryn, Bridget, and Kate.  After that we just went to our hostel and went to bed because we were all very tired and just wanted to sleep.  On Saturday morning we got up and went down to the leather market.  It was absolutely AMAZING.  There were purses, coats, shoes, jewelry, and everything else you could imagine.  I ended up buying a really nice leather jacket and I can honestly say that for the first time in my life I’m excited for it to be cold so I can actually wear it.  Next to my cowboy boots this is now the most expensive item in my wardrobe, but it will be so worth it.  The guy who helped me was awesome too.  I tried on probably 10 different jackets and as soon as I put this one on, I knew I had to have it.  It fits perfectly and smells even more amazing!  After we completed our shopping we walked over to the Acadamia.  I was pretty excited for this because I really wanted to see the David.  I’m not a huge museum fan but this one was pretty awesome.  The David was so much bigger than I expected and I just stared in awe for a while.  It still amazes me how detailed and intricate it was.  Once we were finished with the acadamia, Alma, Rachel and I decided to go get some lunch.  This is where the real fun begins..

Let me preface this story by saying that the men in Italy are usually very forward.  They don’t hold back and they will go to extremes to get a girl’s attention.  And in Italy, blondes get a lot of attention…  (I really shouldn’t have dyed my hair before coming)  Anyway, our waiter came up to us and just started talking to us and making pretty normal conversation.  He asked where we were from, what we were doing, what we studied, all that good stuff.  Well after a while he really started to “step up his game”.  He brought in some leaves from a plant out front and handed us all these leaves, but then he decided that wasn’t good enough.  He took them to the back and sprayed them with his cologne so they would smell better I guess?  Haha I ‘m not really sure what his train of thought was about that whole situation.  So after he gave us the “flowers” and proceeded to flirt some more, Alma and I decided to order some cheesecake.  He brings out the cheesecake and told us that one berry was for him and the rest should be divided up between Rachel, Alma, and I.  Well after we got done eating our cheesecake he came over and saw the berry.  He then told me that he wanted me to “give him the berry with my mouth.”  That was the first time I was really taken aback by his comments, but I just brushed it off. After we finished eating we exchanged numbers with him because we wanted to know of a fun place to go out later that night.  I figured he might call, he might not, but I wasn’t going to wait around for it.
            Well we went back to the market and walked around for a while just shopping and goofing off when I get a phone call from an odd number.  Well guess who it is!  Kush (sorry I didn’t introduce him earlier) wanted to meet up with us at a local bar to get a drink…sooo it’s about 2:30 and the perfect time for a mid afternoon “snack” so why not?  We got to the bar, ordered drinks, and were just having a great time hanging out when Kush decides to tell me he wants to marry me and have me move to Florence.  Well it was all in good fun and I’m (almost) sure he was joking but it was still a little too much too soon!  After our drinks we walked around for a while and then decided to go back to our hostel.  We were able to relax and chill out for a while which was much needed!  Our hostel offered an all you could eat buffet for 8 euros, which seemed like a great idea at the time.  Trust me: it wasn’t.  The food was barely even edible.  When we were finished eating we took the bus back to the station and went to walk around the main square by the duomo.  We ended up meeting up with Kush and his cousin at the bar from earlier where we proceeded to go to a club on the top of a HUGE hill.  I swear in Italy if there’s something cool that needs to be seen, they put it at the top of a hill.   Anyway, once we got to the top we could see all the lights of Florence, and it was gorgeous!   Once we got into the club we got to our table and started the night off at 2am.  We got bottle service, which was AMAZING and just sat around talking and laughing about everything.  At one point I looked up and realized it was getting light out….well we had to get up and t go mass at 9 so I figured we should probably head back to the hostel.  Once we got back I got in a great two hours of sleep for the next day!
            On Sunday somehow we made it up in time for mass at the Duomo, which was really amazing.  I think it’s so cool how I can go to church half way around the world and still know what’s going on!  We toured another museum, ate some lunch, and walked around some more.  By that time we were all so exhausted and just wanted to get on the train to sleep!  We made it back to Viterbo and I think I went to be around 10:00 that night which is usually when I take a nap before getting up to go out…

I know I cut it short, but I’m tired of writing!  I will talk about Rome some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment